5959 Common Street
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Monday - Friday 10 am - 6 pm
SAT 10 am - 1 pm
Available by Appointment
True Blue Watersports is proud to be a PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors)
5 Star training center and a Scubapro Platinum Dealer.
This rating indicates that True Blue Watersports maintains the highest service levels and standards of excellence in dive retailing and training. True Blue Watersports is a full service dive center, focusing on instruction, service and overhauls for all scuba brands, and a fully stocked retail center.
Our training facility, containing a 50’ heated, in-door pool, is not only the largest in the state of Louisiana,
but is the perfect setup for making your experience comfortable and easy.
We promise to do everything in our power to make your scuba diving experience a wonderful and lasting memory!
Each student will need to complete the a medical form if a student answers "yes" to any of the questions, their physician will need to sign and clear the student for scuba diving on page 2 of the medical form.
1. You don't have to be a great swimmer to scuba, but you do have to enjoy being in the water.
2. Come to True Blue Watersports and see our heated indoor pool at 5959 Common Street, Lake Charles, LA.
3. There are two-options to start your course:
• Option One --On site at 5959 Common Street
Complete your classroom and pool training at True Blue. You'll experience scuba diving over a five night schedule, diving every single night.
Typically, classes are held from 6:00 - 9:30pm on weekdays, and weekend classes are 8 am - 3 pm including on orientation 6-9:30 PM .
• Option Two --On-line training
Live in Beaumont, Orange, Port Arthur, Lafayette, or have a challenging schedule?
Complete your classroom training via PADI eLearning. YES, you can start right now with the course content.
Afterward, True Blue will schedule three 2-hour pool sessions and one orientation.
3. True Blue will provide you with a BCD, regulator, and tanks for all of your pool sessions and checkout dives. All students need their own mask, fins, snorkel, and weights. True Blue Watersports relies on the support of their students and local divers. Therefore, we offer a 10% student discount on all gear to encourage our students to buy locally.
In addition, True Blue will take $50 off your scuba class when you purchase your gear. We appreciate our students and want them to enjoy diving with the right gear!
4. After you have completed your classroom and pool training, regardless of which option you chose, you will be ready for your open water checkout dives. A total of four checkout dives are required to complete your certification. Most open water dives take place at Yogi Bear Park/Little Lake Charles RV Park in Moss Bluff, although many classes opt to complete these dives in Blue Lagoon, Smith Lake, Florida, Cozumel, or Costa Rica.
Just wanted to say a quick hello and thanks again! Not sure if you remember me but you fit me and my boyfriend in last minute for a referral ow course back in October. You guys helped me get started and I just thought you might like to know that I'm now living on a dive boat in Cairns, Australia doing a divemaster internship!
The Great Barrier Reef is absolutely amazing and I get to lead dives on it almost every day! I wouldn't have been eligible for this opportunity if I hadn't gotten my ow certification and you guys helped make that happen. Keep up the awesome work!
If you would have told me that for the whole week before my 26th birthday I'd be introducing almost 50 young men and women from 8 till 13 to scuba diving, I'd have laughed in your face! This week has been an extraordinary experience! There is honestly no feeling that can compare to impacting a young person's life! Thank you Cher Walker for giving me the opportunity! It is definitely one for the books!
PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer